Sunday 21 September 2008

PSPICE Student

Ohh I've downloaded and installed this PSPICE just to test upfront some circuit.
Having calculated everything with a pen and a piece of paper, I decided to use PSPICE to test all my circuitry.
This program is even free, so that I took advantage. But after designed my circuit on it, and started the simulation, surprises arrived on my plate. Jesus Christ ! Circuit seems not work ! Then, giving the fault to myself, I started to control newly all the calculation. Everything seems good, but the simulation tells totally another thing. It's a shit ! So that with a friend, in MSN, we start discussing this. And of course he's student so is fresh mind. I stopped to study electronics 20 years ago, when I finished school, but he is studying yet. I took the occasion to control with him everything, and both we know: circuit must work. But it doesn't. Well, I'm older, it means I have some experience on my shoulder. I have already built pert of this circuitry and it works fine, so it has not sense that a simulator tells "no" when I have in front of me that circuit working. So that I started to simulate the obvious. I took a couple of circuits: one BJT ( Bipolar Junction Transistor ) made, and the other one MOSFET ( Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor ). Both circuits are finished and they are wonderfully working. I transfered their schematics on PSPICE for student. BJT system was working, MOSFET not at all. I started then to invest all my fucking sunday afternoon, to look the reasons. Well, in this PSPICE version, MOSFETS' models are WRONG ! Indeed using normal FETs everything works fine. But at soon you employ MOSFETS, everything doesn't work. Ok: delete this version and delete also OrCAD in order to reinstall it, because something wrong happened even to it during the installation of PSPICE for student. What is happened and why it's happened: I really don't know. But OrCAD was corrupted. At the end I have to know that if I base my project up to me, even if I remember partially concepts just because it's a lot of time that I don't use them, it's more reliable than a program. Even if it's known.

No comments: