Saturday 20 September 2008

My history with music

Since child, I studied guitar. My Mom was music teacher of Guitar, Accordion and Mouth Harmonica, so that I took some lesson from her.
Well, at the same time I was studying Recorder due school duties. I think it's quite classic. It's the easier instrument for all beginners in order to close them to music.
But passion was increasing. At the same time I'm quite reserved. I mean: I like to do things for my self, alone. I have to reach my goal with my own capabilities. With this characteristics I reached many goals but guys: what a fatigue. I will never suggest to be as I am ;-)
For a while I continue to study music than I stopped for some years, because I was not able to understand very well secrets. then I restarted at 20-22y.o. successfully always for my own. With this choice, I started also some ind of musical workshop, some composition. But it was not what I felt, what I wanted. Later I met a Bassist, as Job colleague, and he gave me the motivation to continue and some good indication. In few weeks I studied functional Harmony and I composed some piece of New-Age. You know, this is my genre, the kind of music that I fee intimally. So that I proceeded further, having strong influences from Pink-Floyd so that: Psychological genre, Jean Michel Jarre, "Il Guardiano del Faro" an italian author that brought for the first time in italy the synthesizer: Moog, and others as Tangerine Dreams and so on.
Of course I have my own style. To have influences doesn't mean: to copy. I have my personality also in music. And challenges never stopped. Once emigrated in Belgium, as hobby I subscribed my self to Music Accadmy ( Conservatory ) and I proceeded further with Violin and Jazz/Blues/Light Music Guitar. I successfully done the first three years in only one, and at the present time I'm proceeding with the fifth year ( AMC ) contemporary to the 8 year ( AMT ).
Why do I tell those things ? Is it just to show that I did it ? No! Absolutely. Music is not Conservatory or only rules. Music is what you feel inside. The expression with notes, of your heart. Then why do I tell those things ? Only to present my self. Nothing else. Just a little fragment of my life. Do am I better of others just because I did this "time compression" in Conservatory ? Absolutely NO. A lot of people are really better than me. Believe me: to be better than me it's not necessary fatigue ;-) I'm just introducing my engagements, my efforts that I employed in order to start an hobby as composer. I have realized many pieces, you can even listen to them here on "myspace" site: http://www.myspace.com/TormyVanCool Of course you can like them or not. It's up to you. But I created with passion. I don't gain any money. Of course I publish my last CD: KAREN, in iTunes, Amazon and others. So that you can tell: ahhhhhh now we see. You are gaining a lot of money ... yes guys ... really a lot of money ... in total I gained 25 USD ... those are the money for Rights :-) in how many days ? Just two months :-D and this thing continues :-) I will never be reach for music. Passion is passion and when is shared with others that appreciate what you are doing: it's reached the goal. I'm interested to this.
Well I will continue my research with music and my experimentations. Of course I really hope ou like it.

No comments: